Metal shingles have the look of traditional cedar shake or slate roofs. Yet, they offer more design choices and better durability than old-style shingle roofs. Permanent metal slate shingles are impervious to high winds and hail, and can last many decades. Steel shake shingles can can withstand years of searing heat and brutal cold and have no vulnerability to insects or mold that is common with wood shake shingles.
1) Highest hail rating available.
2) Withstands winds up to 120-160 mph, depending on the specific metal shingle you choose.
3) In a wide range of beautiful, contemporary, fade-proof colors.
4) Eliminates need for roof replacement.
5) Eliminates need for maintenance.
6) Shed snow easily to avoid ice dams.
7) Can be installed over existing asphalt shingles.
8) 100% recyclable.
9) Lasts for decades.
10) ENERGY STAR rated
1) Higher initial cost. Over time, though, you save money by eliminating maintenance and roof replacement.
2) Best with professional installation. Most homeowners can climb on a roof and replace a shingle. But, replacing an entire shingle roof with a permanent steel one is a job best done by an expert in metal roofing. Fortunately, we provide metal shingle installation for our customers across the entire Toronto area.
Contact us at TorontoRoofing.ca for a FREE estimate!