Metal roofs are more popular in the Toronto area now than ever before. Standing seam metal roofs are those that are made of metal roof panels of about 12 to 19 inch widths. Each panel can cover the length that fits your architectural roof design. Standing seam roofs are generally made of galvanized-coated steel, It’s important to make sure that you are buying a high-quality roof with enough thickness for durability and strength. The roof panels are formed in a way that hides any fasteners. The standing seam connects the panels with 1 to 2 inch standing seams for a smooth, finished look.
1) Agway’s Galvanized-coated 24 or 22 gauge steel panels are tough enough to minimize impact damage.
2) Metal panels are durable enough to last 50 years or more.
3) Steel panels and seams offer unlimited creative options for roof design.
4) Metals eflect heat to reduce energy consumption.
5) Their unique profile gives crisp, clean roof lines.
6) They require little if any maintenance.
7) You can save money in the long-term.
8) All metal roof materials are 100% recyclable.
9) They have a distinctive look with a wide range of color options.
1) They require a higher upfront cost for a new roof than a traditional shingle style roof. Over the long term, they are very cost-effective.
2) It may take more time to consult with the contractor to achieve the design look you want. With standard shingle roofs, your choices may be so limited that all you have to do is choose the roof shingle and any skylights you want. The contractor can determine on his own how to put the roof together. This is a trade-off, where you decide whether you want more input into the design or less responsibility for making design choices.
3) Not a do-it-yourself project.
We have all the experience needed to create and install the perfect standing seam metal roof for your home or commercial property. Our installers can help you choose the roof design that suits your home’s architectural style as well as your own personal preferences. We provide expert installation so your roof will conform to the highest standards and look great for decades to come.
Contact TorontoRoofing.ca for a free estimate.
Here is a standing seam metal roof project we completed recently: